Chè Chuối (Banana Tapioca Pudding) is a Vietnamese dessert using sweet bananas, chewy tapioca pearl and creamy coconut milk. It's delicious, easy to make yet full of flavors!
Banana Tapioca Pudding - The dessert to impress
Chè Chuối is a Vietnamese dessert using bananas, coconut milk, and tapioca pearls. My roommate back in university showed me how to make it and I loved how creamy and delicious it is. On top of that, it is made from entirely plant-based ingredients. The dessert can be made in 20 minutes yet it is full of flavor!
You can have this as a snack, or dessert (I even eat it for breakfast sometimes). Or serve it at a party and it will surely WOW your guests!
Why you'll love this Banana Tapioca Pudding
This recipe is:
- Creamy and delicious: full of tropical flavors from the coconut milk and sweet, ripe bananas. Need I say more??
- Yet it is so simple and uses accessible ingredients
- Versatile: you can enjoy it for various occasions of the day, or serve it as dessert at a potluck / dinner party!
- Perfect for making in batch ahead of time
- Can be eaten slightly warm or cold, depending on your mood and the weather
How to serve
You can let it chill for at least 15 minutes before serving. This is perfect for cold or rainy days when you miss tropical flavors. Or let chill in the fridge before serving to enjoy on warmer days!
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!Print
Chè Chuối - Banana Tapioca Pudding
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
Chè Chuối (Banana Tapioca Pudding) is a Vietnamese dessert using sweet bananas, chewy tapioca pearl and creamy coconut milk. It's delicious, easy to make yet full of flavors! Ready in 20 minutes.
- 1 cup warm water
- 300 ml cold water
- 4 tablespoon tapioca pearls
- 4 medium ripe bananas / plaintains
- 200 ml coconut milk (preferably full fat)
- 4-5 tablespoon sugar
- 50 g roasted coconut flakes
- 25 g chopped peanuts
- fresh banana slides
- Put 1 cup of warm water and soak the tapioca pearl for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the bananas and slice them into 2 cm chunks, set aside.
- Boil 300ml of water in a pot on medium heat.
- Add in the banana slides and tapioca pearls into the boiling water. Simmer on low heat for 3 minutes or until the tapioca turn transparent.
- Add in the sugar and coconut milk and stir frequently for 5 more minutes.
- Let chill for at least 15 minutes. Serve in a bowl and add the toppings.
The dessert is best served at room temperature or cold. It keeps well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: vietnamese
Keywords: 20-minute dessert, 5-ingredient recipe, easy to make, vegan