Chè Chuối (Banana Tapioca Pudding) is a Vietnamese dessert using sweet bananas, chewy tapioca pearl and creamy coconut milk. It's delicious, easy to make yet full of flavors! Ready in 20 minutes.
- 1 cup warm water
- 300 ml cold water
- 4 tbsp tapioca pearls
- 4 medium ripe bananas / plaintains
- 200 ml coconut milk (preferably full fat)
- 4–5 tbsp sugar
- 50 g roasted coconut flakes
- 25 g chopped peanuts
- fresh banana slides
- Put 1 cup of warm water and soak the tapioca pearl for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the bananas and slice them into 2 cm chunks, set aside.
- Boil 300ml of water in a pot on medium heat.
- Add in the banana slides and tapioca pearls into the boiling water. Simmer on low heat for 3 minutes or until the tapioca turn transparent.
- Add in the sugar and coconut milk and stir frequently for 5 more minutes.
- Let chill for at least 15 minutes. Serve in a bowl and add the toppings.
The dessert is best served at room temperature or cold. It keeps well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: vietnamese
Keywords: 20-minute dessert, 5-ingredient recipe, easy to make, vegan