Buddha Bowl with Chickpeas and Peanut sauce is a perfect for a delicious and nutritious lunch or dinner. It features quinoa as a base, served with chickpea, plenty of rainbow veggies and a peanut sauce. Only 10 minutes of prep is required!
What is Buddha Bowl?
Buddha Bowl is a versatile and nourishing bowl, often combining a type of grain (rice, quinoa, or couscous), protein (tofu, chickpeas, lentils), vegetables (sweet potato, broccoli, kale, or bell pepper) and fat (peanut butter, avocado or tahini) that will help you energize throughout the day. These are a few examples, but the possibilities are endless! It’s a healthy and wholesome way of eating and nourishing your body. It has been known to aid overall health and prevent chronic diseases.
The name of the Buddha bowl comes from the round shape of the bowl, similar to a Buddha’s tummy. They are so pretty to eat, packed with fiber and protein and can be prepared ahead for meal prep.
Ingredients used in this Buddha Bowl with Chickpeas and Peanut sauce
The ingredients in the recipe include:
- Grain: I use quinoa, but you can also use white or brown rice, couscous or other types of grain.
- Vegetables: I use broccoli, sweet potato and green onions, but you can also use other types of veggies that you have on hand. Examples include potatoes, kale, cabbage, carrot or bell pepper. Note to adjust the recipe if you choose other types of vegetables as some have different cooking time.
- Protein: I use chickpeas strained from a can, then roasted with spices. But you can also use tofu, edamame, lentils or beans.
The dressing on top of the recipe is a savory, nutty peanut sauce that consists of:
- Peanut butter
- Soy sauce
- Lime juice
Why you’ll love this recipe
This recipe is:
- Easy to make: it’s easy to make while being super delicious.
- Perfect for meal prep: you can double or triple this recipe and store it in separate containers and enjoy for a few days.
- Only requires 10 minutes of active cooking time: this is actually a very simple meal idea, as all you need to chop and prep the ingredients, mix with the spices and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. While waiting, you can cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Nutritious and filling: this recipe is also healthy as uses whole foods plant-based ingredients that can provide your body with all the essential nutrients.
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!Print