The chickpea 'tuna' sandwich is a plant-based version of the classic tuna salad sandwich. This recipe makes a simple, easy and delicious lunch idea in under 15 minutes!
Chickpea 'Tuna' Sandwich
This recipe is a plant-based version of the popular Tuna Sandwich using chickpeas. The texture and taste of mashed chickpeas, combined with a few ingredients make it a similar alternative to tuna.
Here's why you will love this recipe:
- It's easy to make
- It's versatile
- It's nutritious and filling
Ingredients and Substitutions
The ingredients of the Chickpea 'Tuna' Spread are made of accessible, gluten-free, and soy-free ingredients:
- Cooked chickpeas: the chickpeas in this recipe are finely mashed until reached your desired consistency
- Diced & minced onion
- Shredded nori: adds a sea fishy flavors that is similar to tuna
- Spices: the
- Tahini: adds a creamy & nutty texture
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Lime juice: adds the freshness to the recipe
How to serve this Chickpea 'Tuna' Sandwich
You can serve this recipe on a lettuce wrap, in a sandwich or as a dipping sauce with some veggies!
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!Print