The classic 'vegan' tuna sandwich using chickpeas. It makes a simple, easy and delicious lunch idea in under 15 minutes!
Chickpea 'Tuna' Spread
- 300 g cooked chickpeas from a can
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 nori sheet
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- Juice from 1/4 a lime
Assemble the Sandwich
- 2–3 toasted wheat bread
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 tomato
Make the Chickpea 'Tuna' Spread
- Mash the chickpeas with a fork.
- Thinly slice the onion, shred the nori sheet into small pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed chickpeas, diced onion, shredded nori, paprika powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, tahini, vegan mayo and lime juice.
Assemble the sandwich
- Toast some whole wheat bread and thinly slice the tomato and cucumber.
- Assemble the sandwich with the bread, chickpea 'tuna' spread, tomato and cucumber slices.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 15-minute meal, back-to-school, chickpeas, easy to make, lunch idea, sandwich