Nourishing, comforting curry ramen with fragrant, golden coconut coated tofu. This dish is like a warm hug in a bowl on a chilly day, it is easy to make and also perfect for meal prep.
- 400 g tofu
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- a pinch salt
- 1/4 cup soy milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- oil for frying
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic
- 1 thumb-sized ginger
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 800 ml water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 heads bok choy
- 150 g mushroom
- 4 servings ramen noodles
- coconut flake (for topping)
Make the Coconut Tofu
- Pat dry the tofu, then slice it into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare the corn starch + salt mixture, soy milk and coconut flakes in 3 separate bowls. Coat the tofu pieces in each bowl in the respective order. Make sure all sides of the tofu are coated.
- Fry the coated tofu in oil until all sides are golden and toasty. Set aside.
Make the Curry Ramen
- Thinly dice the onion, garlic and ginger. Cut the bok choy into quarter, and slice the mushroom into chunks.
- On a pot on medium-high heat, add oil, followed by the onion slices. Once the onion is translucent, add in the garlic and ginger. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste and water, and mix to combine. Once the water comes to a boil, add the coconut milk.
- Add the mushroom, bok choy and ramen noodles, simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the noodles are softened.
- Assemble the curry ramen with all toppings, the coconut tofu and coconut flakes.
The leftover keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days and the broth will become more flavorful over time!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: thailand
Keywords: 30-minute meal, coconut, comfort food, curry, easy to make, healthy, nourishing, ramen, summer meal, tofu