This is a take on my previous recipe of enoki mushroom wrapped in rice paper, this time with nori sheets. The wraps are then fried until golden and crispy, and served with your favorite sauce (I used sriracha mayo). The mushrooms are so crispy and savory, like fries😋😋 It only takes 15 minutes to make, and can be served as an appetizer or snack!Print
Crispy Enoki Mushroom Wrapped Seaweed
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 wraps 1x
Lovely and unique appetizer to spice up your tastebuds. Bring to a potluck, or serve it at your dinner party, these crispy golden mushroom will for sure impress the guests!
- 100 g enoki mushroom
- 1 sheet nori seaweed
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- salt (to taste)
- paprika powder (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Sesame seeds
- Your favorite dipping sauce (I like tahini or sriracha mayo)
- Wash the enoki mushroom and separate it into bunches (makes about 6-8 bunches).
- Cut the nori seaweed into strips.
- Wrap the seaweed strips around the mushroom, then seal the wrap with water. The ingredients make about 6-8 wraps.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika powder. Mix well. Lightly coat the mushroom part of the wrap with the flour mixture, then set all the coated wrapped on a plate.
- On a non-stick pan, add in the oil and place the mushroom wraps when the oil is hot. Fry the mushroom until both sides are golden.
- Serve the mushroom on a plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and a drizzle of your favorite sauce.
You can fry the wraps in the air fryer, spraying some oil instead of on a pan (note that it won't be as golden in colour, but will be crispy and tasty).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: easy to make, enoki mushroom, nori, summer snack
If you like this recipe, also check out
Vegan Sushi Bowl with Mushroom
Steamed Silken Tofu with Mushroom Sauce
Veronica Humphrey says
I absolutely loved this!! 🤎 I made it for my family and they loved it!