Lovely and unique appetizer to spice up your tastebuds. Bring to a potluck, or serve it at your dinner party, these crispy golden mushroom will for sure impress the guests!
- 100 g enoki mushroom
- 1 sheet nori seaweed
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt (to taste)
- paprika powder (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Sesame seeds
- Your favorite dipping sauce (I like tahini or sriracha mayo)
- Wash the enoki mushroom and separate it into bunches (makes about 6-8 bunches).
- Cut the nori seaweed into strips.
- Wrap the seaweed strips around the mushroom, then seal the wrap with water. The ingredients make about 6-8 wraps.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika powder. Mix well. Lightly coat the mushroom part of the wrap with the flour mixture, then set all the coated wrapped on a plate.
- On a non-stick pan, add in the oil and place the mushroom wraps when the oil is hot. Fry the mushroom until both sides are golden.
- Serve the mushroom on a plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and a drizzle of your favorite sauce.
You can fry the wraps in the air fryer, spraying some oil instead of on a pan (note that it won't be as golden in colour, but will be crispy and tasty).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: easy to make, enoki mushroom, nori, summer snack