This pea & basil-based pasta pesto is creamy, filling and flavor-packed! The sauce is made out of creamy cashews,
Easy Pea Pasta Pesto
Ever since I discovered pesto at an Italian restaurant, I have fallen in love with it. It's so rich, creamy, and flavor-packed. I tried to recreate the dish myself but the sauce at the supermarket was always too oily and disappointing. Then I started researching recipes and making different variants of the pesto sauce.
Traditionally pesto sauce involves pine nuts and basil, however, these ingredients are often costly and inaccessible to many countries. Therefore, in my recipe, I replace pine nuts with cashews and use peas on top of the basil. This gives the pesto its creaminess and bright green colors, not to mention many good nutrients and protein.
Why you'll love this Pea Pasta Pesto
I am very proud of this Pesto Pasta recipe and have been making it for the past year (never going back to the pre-made sauce anymore). This recipe is:
- So quick and easy to make: all you need is to cook the pasta and blend the ingredients in the blender
- Flavor and protein-packed: a lot of flavors and freshness come from the blend of cashews and veggies. At the same time,
- Versatile and nutritious: you can incorporate veggies into the dish to make it even healthier and wholesome. I love the combination of pesto with cherry tomatoes and arugula the most, however, I have tried it with bell peppers and sundried tomatoes and it tastes super yummy as well. So feel free to add the veggies you have in the fridge.
- Can be enjoyed warm or cold
- Can be made ahead of time in batch
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!