This Indian-inspired Mango Coconut Curry has the best of both worlds: a blend of tropical flavors and warm & comforting vibes. Perfect for the colder days when you crave some summery tropical flavors.
Indian Mango Coconut Curry
Not ready to let go of summer yet! I am making this Indian-inspired mango coconut curry, combining the tropical flavors of summer and the warm, comforting vibes of autumn. It pairs so well together and is like a sweet comforting embrace.
For the Thai version of this Mango Coconut Curry, click here!
Ingredients & Substitutions
The ingredients of this recipe are:
- Onion, garlic, and ginger: flavorful aromatics
- Spices that bring out the Indian flavors: curry powder, paprika powder, (optional) five spice powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to customize these ingredients based on what you have on hand.
- Mango: the mango is blended in this recipe and put in the broth.
- Coconut milk: adds the creamy taste that perfectly complements the sweet mango blend
- Fried Tofu: the fried tofu adds a nice texture that is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Vegetables: I use broccoli in this recipe, but you can also use other vegetables like zucchini, spinach, bell pepper.
- Lime juice and coriander: bring out the freshness of this recipe
Why this recipe works
This recipe is:
- Quick & easy to make
- A flavorful blend of tropical flavors and warm comforting vibes
- Healthy, comforting and nourishing: This is the recipe to make for cold days, sick days, lazy days alike!
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!
Indian Mango Coconut Curry
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp five spice powder optional
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe mango
- 1/3 cup water (~80ml)
- 1/2 can coconut milk (~250ml)
- 1 head broccoli
- 200 g fried tofu
- 1/2 a lime
- Thinly mince the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Cut 1 ripe mango into cubes and blend the mango cubes in a blender with 1/3 cup water.
- Cut the broccoli head to chunks.
- Press and cut the tofu into cubes. Season with corn starch and salt. Fry until both sides are golden and crispy.
- In a pan on hot oil, add the garlic, onion and ginger pieces. Fry until the onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the spices and fry for 1 minute. Add in water to deglaze the pan if needed.
- Pour in the mango puree and coconut milk. Mix together.
- Add in the broccoli and tofu pieces. Simmer in the curry for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a bowl of rice, garnish with the optional coriander and cashews.