Combining a basic pancake recipe with matcha powder to create a vibrant green colour and claim your consistent energy for the day!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (~125g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar (can be substituted with mashing a ripe banana)
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 100 ml aquafaba (whipped chickpea water)
- 100 ml plant milk
- oil or plant butter
- fresh or frozen fruits of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt (or other plant yoghurt of choice)
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and matcha powder). Sift the matcha powder to avoid clumps. Mix well.
- Whip the chickpea water with a hand blender or a stand blender for 1 minute or until foam increases.
- Add the whipped chickpea water and plant milk to the dry mixture. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated. Add more milk if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- In a pan on medium heat, add oil or plant butter.
- Add about 3 tbsp of the batter to the pan, scroll the pan around so that the batter is distributed evenly.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip the pancake and repeat the steps to finish the batter.
- Stack the pancakes on top of each other or lay them flat on a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp of yogurt and fruit toppings for each serving. Enjoy!
I used stewed frozen strawberries as a topping. To make this: add frozen strawberries to a pot on medium heat, mix for about 5 minutes until the berries soften and are cooked through, add a bit of water if needed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American, Fusion, Japanese
Keywords: breakfast series, matcha, vegan