Mung Beans Sticky Rice can be an easy yet nutritious breakfast option or a side dish on special holiday meals. It can be made in the rice cooker with less mess and only requires 5 mins of active cooking time!
- 150 g glutinous rice
- 100 g split mung beans
- water (to soak)
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml water (or just enough to cover the surface)
- fried onions (I got the store-bought one)
- roasted sesame and peanuts mix
- coconut flakes
- Add the glutinous rice and mung beans to the rice cooker pot, soak in plenty of water for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, drain and rinse the rice and mung beans until the water runs clear.
- Add a pinch of salt, coconut milk and water to the pot. Mix well.
- Put the pot in the rice cooker and turn it on. The mung beans sticky rice will be ready when the rice cooker turns to the ‘warm’ function.
- Serve the mung beans sticky rice as a side dish to accompany your savory dishes, or on its own with the optional toppings (fried onions, coconut flakes, sesame peanut mix).
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: vietnamese
Keywords: 5-ingredient recipe, easy to make, one-pan dish, rice cooker recipe, sticky rice