Pulled Jackfruit Banh Mi is a vegan Vietnamese sandwich using jackfruit. The exciting flavors of this banh mi is balanced with tangy carrots & daikon, crispy cucumber slices and creamy & spicy sauce!
What is Pulled Jackfruit Banh Mi?
This Pulled Jackfruit Banh Mi is a part of my Back-to-school lunch ideas series. It makes a delicious and easy lunch, and perfect for bringing to school/work or travelling.
This is a collaboration post made with Nature’s Charm’s Jackfruit Confit. It’s pre-seasoned with spices and oil so all you need is to fry then add to your meal. I added this with noodles bowl and salad before and it was delicious!
Ingredients of a Banh Mi
The main components of the Banh Mi are creamy & spicy sauce, tangy pickled carrots & daikon, and some cucumber and herbs.
Vegan Sriracha Mayo
This sauce can be made by combining 2 parts of vegan mayonnaise + 1 part Sriracha hot sauce. Alternatively, you can get the storebought Vegan Sriracha Mayo here!
Pickled Carrots & Daikon
This is a staple in many Vietnamese dishes and adds tangy, zesty flavors to the dish. I typically make a batch and store in the fridge for up to 1 month. When you make Banh Mi, I advise you to make the pickled carrots & daikon first, then store in the fridge.
Other alternative ingredients
You can add other ingredients to your Banh Mi like:
- Vegan Pate
- Lemongrass Chili Tofu
- Other veggies & herbs like lettuce or Thai basil
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!Print
Pulled Jackfruit Banh Mi
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
This Pulled Jackfruit Banh Mi is a quick and easy lunch/ dinner idea. It's delicious, indulgent with exciting & balanced flavors from the ingredients.
Jackfruit 'Pulled Pork'
- 2 cans Nature's Charm Jackfruit Confit
Pickled Carrots & Daikon
- 2 carrots
- 1 daikon
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
Assemble the Banh Mi
- 1 baguette
- vegan sriracha mayo
- 1 cucumber
- a bunch of coriander
- Make the quick pickled carrots & daikon by thinly slicing the carrots and daikon and adding to a jar.
- Add hot water, rice vinegar, salt and sugar on top and shake the jar lightly to mix all the ingredients.
- Fry the jackfruit confit in oil from the can until golden brown and crispy.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices.
- Assemble the Banh Mi by cutting open the baguette, adding a generous drizzle of vegan sriracha mayo, jackfruit, cucumber slices, pickled carrots and daikon and coriander.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: vietnamese
Keywords: banh mi, pulled jackfruit, sandwich