The ultimate Vietnamese comfort food! The combination of rice paper, sweet mango slices with a savoury, tangy sauce is bustling with flavour and will for sure satisfy your taste bud.
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!
A very common street food that you can easily find in Vietnam or make at home!
- 1 mango (green mango if possible)
- 1/4 a cabbage
- 10 rice papers
- 50 g peanuts
- fried onions (as topping)
- 2 eggs
Make the sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 lime (sub with rice vinegar)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Thinly slice the mango and cabbage.
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes. After boiling, peel and cut into quarters.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients to make the sauce.
- Cut the rice paper into thin slices. Mix to prevent the rice papers from sticking. Add about 2 tbsp of the sauce, mix until the sauce is absorbed.
- Add in mango, cabbage slices and peanuts. Add the rest of the sauce. Mix together until the rice papers become soggy and turns into noodles.
- Serve on two plates, top with fried onions and eggs.
Feel free to swap the listed ingredients with what you have on hand (smoked tofu, green onions, mushrooms would work great as well!)
- Prep Time:10 minutes
- Cook Time:10 minutes
- Category:Main Course
Keywords: 20-minute meal, 20-minute snack, comfort food, easy to make, vegetarian
If you like this recipe, also try out
Vegan Vietnamese Braised Pork Belly – Thịt Kho tàu chay
Vietnamese Rice Paper Pizza (Vegan)
Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls (vegan)