Sesame Garlic Noodles
These Sesame Garlic Noodles are my go-to lazy meal during busy periods. They are vegan, quick and easy, and basically, no cooking is required.
What makes this Sesame Garlic Noodles recipe unique?
Noodles are the besties of busy students, working people and families alike. During hectic periods, we are all looking for quick, easy recipes to make. This recipe is just the one we are looking for. Not only fast and easy to make, it is also:
- Requires minimal ingredients: noodles, tahini (sesame paste), garlic and typical sauces & condiments that you normally stock
- Vegan, Gluten-free
- Can be eaten hot or cold: you can eat it right away
I love these noodles and like to eat them in between my meetings.
The ingredients in this dish are probably what you've already had at home:
- Noodles: you can use any noodles you have. Pasta, rice noodles, soba noodles, everything works well here.
- Tahini (sesame paste) is the key ingredient to the creaminess of the sauce. You can substitute it with peanut butter or other types of nut butter.
- Soy sauce: I used a combination of light and dark soy sauce, but you can use either one as well.
- Plant syrup: you can use agave or maple, or substitute with granulated or brown sugar.
- Rice vinegar: adds a tanginess that balances the salty flavors.
- Chili powder or chili flakes for a little heat. You can substitute with sriracha.
- Minced garlic: not much to say, garlic makes everything better!
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!Print
Sesame Garlic Noodles
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
The easiest, quickest and most budget-friendly noodles that come together in only 10 minutes . Paired with a creamy, garlicky sesame sauce!
- 2 servings noodles of choice
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp plant syrup
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili powder or chili flakes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp hot water (preferably the cooking water from the noodles)
- ½ cucumber
- green onion
- Cook the noodles according to package instruction.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl, mix well to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked noodles, add the garnishes and mix well.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
Keywords: 10-minute meal, easy to make, fresh, lazy recipes, lunch idea, noodles bowl, sesame, summer meal, tahini, weeknight friendly