This Spicy Peanut Noodles recipe is a satisfying dish with bold flavors: peanut sauce with a kick of heat and crunchy cucumbers. It is a refreshing dish, requiring only a few staple ingredients and takes 15 minutes to make.
These Spicy Peanut Noodles can be enjoyed all year round, but especially in the summer as it requires minimal cooking. It features chewy noodles in a savory and spicy peanut sauce with refreshing cucumber slices.
The best part about this recipe is that it's mess-free and can be enjoyed by anyone. Whether you're a novice in the kitchen or an experienced cook, these Spicy Peanut Noodles will surely impress. So, grab your ingredients, whip up this irresistible dish, and get ready to savor the delightful combination of flavors and textures.
Ingredients of this Spicy Peanut Noodles recipe
This recipe uses 7 main ingredients, which are noodles and 6 sauce ingredients to create a creamy, umami peanut sauce. The optional cucumber slices, scallions are used as optional toppings.
- Peanut butter
- Soy sauce
- Lime juice
- Sesame oil
- Green onions
See recipe card for quantities.
Start by cooking your noodles of choice according to package instructions. Reserve a few tablespoons of noodle water to make the sauce.
Cook the noodles according to the package instructions
Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil, sriracha, sugar, lime juice, minced garlic and the water from cooking the noodles until smooth
Whisk until smooth
Once the noodles are cooked, drain them and return them to the pot.
Pour the peanut sauce over the noodles and toss until they are evenly coated
The creamy peanut sauce with a hint of spice will cling to every strand, creating a mouthwatering combination.
Serve the Spicy Peanut Noodles in bowls, and if desired, garnish with chopped scallions, cucumber slices, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. The toppings add freshness and crunch to complement the flavors of the dish.
- For a quicker meal, prep the sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. When you're ready to make the noodles, simply cook the noodles and toss them with the pre-made sauce.
- Adjust the spiciness of the dish according to your preference by increasing or reducing the amount of sriracha.
- To make it a complete meal, add some protein such as cooked edamame beans, mock meats, or tofu to the noodles.
- Add crunch and color to the dish by including julienned carrots, bell peppers, or shredded cabbage.
- For a touch of sweetness, mix in some chopped pineapple or mango.
- If you prefer a nuttier flavor, substitute peanut butter with almond butter or cashew butter.
- Gluten-free option: Use rice noodles and ensure the soy sauce you use is gluten-free or replace it with tamari sauce.
- Nut-free option: Swap the peanut butter with sunflower seed butter or tahini for a nut-free alternative.
- If you don't have sriracha, you can substitute it with another hot sauce of your choice.
You can store the Spicy Peanut Noodles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. After that, the noodles may become soggy and the flavors might not be as vibrant. It's best to enjoy them within the first couple of days for the best taste and texture.
A: While it's best to enjoy the Spicy Peanut Noodles fresh, you can prepare the sauce in advance and refrigerate it. Cook the noodles just before serving and toss them with the pre-made sauce.
Looking for other noodles recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Spicy Peanut Noodles: