Sweet and Sour Tofu
The last recipe of the tofu series. Inspired by Southern Vietnamese flavors, this tofu dish is saucy and packed with veggies (bell peppers & pineapple).
- 400 g firm tofu
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 can (250g) pineapple or fresh pineapples
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100 g green peas optional
- 2 stalks spring onions white part
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice from a can substitute with more vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch to make the tofu more crunchy
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 stalks green onions green part
- 5 g coriander
- sesame seeds
- Squeeze all excess water out of the tofu, chop the tofu into bite-size pieces then coat with corn starch.
- Meanwhile, chop the green onions, bell peppers and pineapples into chunks.
- Add some oil to the pan, fry the tofu until all sides are golden. Move to a plate then set aside.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Back to the pan, add the white part of the green onions, bell peppers and pineapple chunks. Stir fry for 5 minutes until tender but still crunchy.
- Add in the sauce, then the tofu, green peas and mix everything together. Stir fry for another 5 minutes until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the spring onions and coriander to garnish. Serve over rice or soba noodles and enjoy! 😉
Serve the tofu with rice or soba noodles and enjoy! The leftover of this can be saved in the fridge for up to 4 days.