Sweet Potato Hummus Quesadilla is a great food for people want to have vegan option, this dish provide the sweetness of sweet potato and earthy taste of chickpea
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!Print
Hummus Sweet Potato Quesadilla
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 small sweet potatoes (or 1 medium sweet potato)
- 300 g canned chickpea
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sriracha (or hot sauce of choice)
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 2 avocados
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
To make the hummus:
- Poke the sweet potatoes with the fork. Steam or bake the sweet potatoes until tender (with the skin on). This would take about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your sweet potato.
- After cooking, set the sweet poatoes cool down, then remove the skin. The skin should come off easily.
- Meanwhile, drain the can of chickpeas, keep ½ cup of the chickpea water. If you have dry chickpeas, cook them according to package instruction.
- To make the hummus: In a blender or food processor, add in the chickpeas, sweet potatoes and lime juice and blend for a few minutes until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- If you want the hummus to have a thinner consistency, add a little bit of chickpea water and keep blending.
To make the quesadilla:
- Add the hummus to one tortilla, press another tortilla on top. Transfer it to a pan and cook on medium high heat for 4 minutes until one side is golden.
- Flip the quesadilla and cook it on the pan for a couple more minutes.
- Once two sides are golden to your liking, transfer to a plate. Serve with avocado slices and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
The hummus works well in many recipes: Use it as a dip for your veggies, make it into a taco or spread for your bread. It also keeps well, put it in a jar and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: dip, easy to make, high protein, vegan
If you like this recipe, also try out these chickpea recipe