- 2 small sweet potatoes (or 1 medium sweet potato)
- 300 g canned chickpea
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sriracha (or hot sauce of choice)
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 2 avocados
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
To make the hummus:
- Poke the sweet potatoes with the fork. Steam or bake the sweet potatoes until tender (with the skin on). This would take about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your sweet potato.
- After cooking, set the sweet poatoes cool down, then remove the skin. The skin should come off easily.
- Meanwhile, drain the can of chickpeas, keep ½ cup of the chickpea water. If you have dry chickpeas, cook them according to package instruction.
- To make the hummus: In a blender or food processor, add in the chickpeas, sweet potatoes and lime juice and blend for a few minutes until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- If you want the hummus to have a thinner consistency, add a little bit of chickpea water and keep blending.
To make the quesadilla:
- Add the hummus to one tortilla, press another tortilla on top. Transfer it to a pan and cook on medium high heat for 4 minutes until one side is golden.
- Flip the quesadilla and cook it on the pan for a couple more minutes.
- Once two sides are golden to your liking, transfer to a plate. Serve with avocado slices and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
The hummus works well in many recipes: Use it as a dip for your veggies, make it into a taco or spread for your bread. It also keeps well, put it in a jar and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: dip, easy to make, high protein, vegan