This Thai Coconut Chickpea Curry is full of flavor and nutrition. It uses Thai red curry paste and simple, accessible ingredients for a dinner or lunch that can be done in less than 30 minutes.
Thai Coconut Chickpea Curry
This Thai Coconut Curry Chickpea is one of my favorite weeknight dinners - it is comforting, nutritious and feels like a hug in a bowl! It's perfect for busy days and for meal prep, as you can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer.
The Thai red curry paste used helps to save time while having all the flavors that you commonly find in a Thai curry.
Why you'll love this Thai Coconut Chickpea Curry recipe?
This recipe is:
- Vegan & gluten-free
- Quick and easy to make: it's easily made in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy days
- Can be made in one pot: no messy kitchen needed for making this recipe
- Nutritious: the chickpeas are full of fiber and essential vitamins for your body, while the vegetables
- Perfect for meal prep: you can make this ahead of time. Like with other types of curry, the recipe gets more tasty and flavorful over time!
Ingredients & substitutes:
- Thai red curry paste: I use a vegan Thai red curry paste, but you can also use other green or yellow curry paste
- Coconut milk: I use full-fat coconut milk for the creamy texture, but you can use other plant-based cooking creams like soy or oat cream.
- Chickpeas: you can use tofu or other beans instead of chickpeas.
- Vegetables: for this variation, I used zucchini, sweet potato and bell pepper. Some vegetables that work well for this recipe are: carrot, potato, spinach.
- Lime juice: this adds a hint of tanginess to the recipe, while helping your body absorb more iron.
- Coriander (or cilantro) for garnish
How to serve this recipe?
You can serve the curry with a warm bowl of rice or noodles.
Storage tip: this recipe keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!Print
Thai Coconut Chickpea Curry
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This Thai Coconut Chickpea Curry is a flavor-packed, comforting and nutritious hug in a bowl. It's a one-pot, weeknight friendly recipe, that can be paired with either rice or noodles.
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oil (or water if you are oil-free)
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 litre water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 200 g canned chickpeas
- 1 lime
- Prepare the aromatics Thinly chop the onion and garlic.
- Fry the aromatics in a pot In a pot, add the oil, chopped onion and garlic. Stir fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add curry paste, water and coconut milk Add the curry paste, water and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Chop the veggies Chop the sweet potato into chunks. Add the sweet potato chunks to the pot, simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Add veggies and chickpea Cut the zucchini and bell pepper into bite-sized chunks and add them to the pot. Drain and rinse chickpeas from the can and add to the pot. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish Serve the curry with rice and garnish with lime juice and coriander.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: thailand
Keywords: 30-minute meal, chickpeas, coconut, college recipes, comfort food, curry, mealprep friendly, thai, vegan, vegetable, weeknight friendly