Get a taste of Thailand with this Thai Mango Sticky Rice dessert. It's full of flavor, refreshing and satisfying to your sweet tooth. Using the rice cooker as a shortcut method, this recipe only takes 30 minutes to make.
- 250 g glutinous or sweet rice
- 350-400 ml water
- 1 ripe mango
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp corn starch (mix with water to make a corn starch slurry)
- roasted coconut flakes
- roasted sesame seeds
- Wash the glutinous or sweet rice, drain the water then cook the rice in a rice cooker like how you cook normal rice.
- Peel the mango and slice it into bitesized pieces.
- On a pot, heat up the coconut milk, add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Remove the pot from heat, pour half of the coconut liquid into the cooked rice, mix well to combine and let it sit for.
- For the remaining half of the coconut liquid, add the corn starch slurry (1.5 tsp corn starch mixed with 4 tsp water) and simmer on low heat until thickened. This will be the coconut sauce.
- Assemble the Mango Sticky Rice, pour the coconut sauce on top and garnish with some optional toasted coconut flakes and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: thailand
Keywords: 30-minute dessert, mango sticky rice, sweet, thai food, thai mango sticky rice