This vegan Budae Jjigae is a plant-based version of the Korean Army Stew, using easily accessible ingredients in a simmering broth and a spicy & savory sauce. Perfect for a cold or rainy day!
- 1 tbsp gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Half the seasoning package from the instant noodle
- 100g enoki mushroom
- 100g oyster mushroom
- 100g cabbage or other greens
- 200g soft or silken tofu
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 scallion
- 1–2 instant ramen noodles
- 1 liter of water
- Prepare all the ingredients by washing the vegetables, cutting the tofu into equal-sized pieces, and chopping the scallion. Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Assemble the ingredients: enoki mushroom, oyster mushroom, cabbage, silken tofu, kimchi, and bean sprouts in a shallow pot. Add the sauce to the middle of the pot.
- Pour the water on top of the ingredients and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 7 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked.
- Add the ramen noodles and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Serve by taking the ingredients out and adding them to your soup bowl. Enjoy with the noodles and broth!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: vegan, budae jjigae, Korean food, Korean recipes, Korean Army Stew