Nourishing, comforting curry ramen with fragrant, golden coconut coated tofu. This dish is like a warm hug in a bowl on a chilly day, it is easy to make and also perfect for meal prep.
- 400 g tofu
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or rice flour for gluten-free option)
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 800 ml water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce (to taste)
- 2 heads bok choy
- 150 g mushroom
- 4 servings ramen noodles
- Thai basil
- Thai red chili
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
Make the Panko Fried Tofu
- Pat dry the tofu, then slice it into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare 1 bowl with flour, corn starch, salt and water mixture, 1 bowl with panko bread crumbs. Coat the tofu pieces in each bowl in the respective order. Make sure all sides of the tofu are evenly coated.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a saucepan or frying pan. When the oil is heated up (put a chopstick in the oil to see if the oil bubbles), add the breaded tofu pieces and leave space between each pieces. Fry the coated tofu in oil until all sides are golden and toasty. Set the tofu aside to a plate.
Make the Curry Ramen
- Cut the bok choy into quarter, and slice the mushroom into chunks.
- On a pot on medium-high heat, add oil.
- When the oil is heated, add the curry paste. Fry the curry paste for 2-3 minutes. Then add water and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add the mushroom, bok choy and ramen noodles, simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the noodles are softened.
- Add soy sauce or salt to taste.
- Assemble the curry ramen with the cooked noodles, vegetables, panko fried tofu and the optional toppings.
The leftover broth lasts in the fridge for up to 3 days and will become more flavorful over time! The fried tofu will also last for up to 3 days
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: frying, stovetop
- Cuisine: thailand
Keywords: 30-minute meal, coconut, comfort food, curry, easy to make, healthy, nourishing, ramen, fried tofu