Vegan Kewpie Mayo or Japanese Mayo, with tangy, sweet and unique flavors that are made with 7 ingredients and in only 5 minutes. This recipe is also easy, mess-free and can be made in the blender.
What is Kewpie Mayo?
Kewpie Mayo (or Japanese Mayo) is Japanese mayonnaise that is made with egg yolks - create velvety, creamy texture and has an umami-packed flavors. It also has a squeeze lid that creates a starry pattern when thin squiggles on your toast or dishes.
Ingredients of this Vegan Kewpie Mayo
This recipe uses only 6 basic ingredients:
- Silken tofu helps create the silky, smooth flavors
- Lime juice adds the acidity
- Apple cider vinegar
- Nutritional yeast: adds the umami flavors
- Miso paste
Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until well incorporated and creamy.
Transfer to an air tight container or bottle and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
How can I use this recipe?
You can use this sauce to drizzle on top of:
- Vegan Okonomiyaki (Japanese Cabbage Pancakes)
- Vegan Sushi Bake
- Japanese Egg salad sandwich
Vegan Kewpie Mayo (Japanese Mayo)
- Total Time: 5 minutes
Vegan Kewpie Mayo or Japanese Mayo, with tangy, sweet and unique flavors that are made with 6 ingredients and in only 5 minutes.
- 200g soft or silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until well incorporated and creamy.
- Transfer to an air tight container or bottle and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: vegan mayo, kewpie mayonnaise, japanese mayonnaise