Vegan version of the famous Emily Mariko's trend using Red Lentils as Salmon. It's easy to make, flavor-packed and very realistic!
- 1/2 block of red lentil tofu (~200g)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 nori sheet
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
Assemble the Bowl
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 a cucumber
- cooked rice
- vegan mayonnaise
- sesame seeds
Make the Vegan Salmon
- Cut the red lentil tofu into thick blocks. Place chopsticks at the bottom and score the tofu diagonally.
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients: soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic powder, water. Shred the nori sheet with your hands or scissors and mix well.
- Mix the sauce with the red lentil tofu pieces and let marinade for 15-30 minutes.
- Fry the tofu pieces with some oil, let them sit for a few minutes until the other side turns golden brown before flipping.
- .When both sides are golden, pour in the remaining marinade and use a spoon to pour the marinade on the tofu.When most of the sauce is evaporated, remove the tofu from the heat.
Assemble the Vegan Red Lentil 'Salmon' Rice Bowl
- Cut the cucumber and avocado into thin slices.
- In a bowl, add rice, followed by the red lentil 'salmon', cucumber, avocado slices. Drizzle the sauces on top and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Fusion
Keywords: 20-minute meal, red lentils, rice bowl, tofu, vegan salmon