Vegan Rosé Tteokbokki is an easy and quick way to cook your Korean rice cakes. With a creamy, cheesy sauce made from plant-based ingredients.
Tteokbokki (Korean Rice Cakes)
Tteokbokki are Korean rice cakes – one of the most popular Korean street food options. It has a chewy, addicting texture and can absorb the spicy, sweet sauce. It can be found at most Asian supermarkets in both fresh and frozen forms:
- If fresh: rinse under cold water and cook in the broth for 10 minutes.
- If frozen: rinse under cold water and soak in cold water for 10 minutes before putting in the broth.
If you cannot access Tteokbokki, you can make it using rice paper sheets, view how here!
What are Rosé Tteokbokki?
Rosé Tteokbokki are Korean rice cakes with a creamy pink sauce, a popular food trend in Korea. This idea is originated from Rosé Pasta, which uses cream and tomato sauce to make a pink beautiful sauce. We are putting a Korean & vegan twist on this trend and use gochujang in place of tomato sauce and plant milk instead of cream sauce. I also added nutritional yeast for the extra cheesy flavors, yum!
I love this sauce as it is creamy, cheesy and milder in spice. It's perfect for people who don't like too much spicy flavors but love the textures of Korean rice cakes.
Ingredients for Rosé Tteokbokki
To make the Rosé sauce, we are using:
- Gochujang (Korean chili pepper paste)
- Gochugaru (Korean chili pepper flakes)
- Soy sauce: use tamari for gluten-free
- Plant milk: you can use soy, oat or almond milk. Coconut milk shouldn't be used as it has a strong taste that can overwhelm the sauce
- Nutritional yeast: for the added nutritional benefits and that cheesy taste!
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!Print
Vegan Rosé Tteokbokki
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
Tteokbokki are simmered in a creamy rose sauce. Easy and refreshing way to cook your Korean rice cakes, using all plant-based ingredients.
- ½ an onion
- 12 rice cakes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chili pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp gochugaru (Korean pepper flakes)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 250 ml plant milk (~ 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 stalk green onion
- chopped green onions
- roasted sesame seeds
- Thinly slice the onion and finely mince the garlic. Cut the green onions into 2 cm chunks
- Heat a pan with oil, add the minced onion and garlic. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the gochujang, gochugaru, soy sauce and mix to combine. Add the plant milk and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Add nutritional yeast and mix.
- Add in the Korean rice cakes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Top with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Snack
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: 15-minute meal, Korean recipes, Korean rice cakes, noodles, rice cakes, summer snack, tteokbokki