Tteokbokki are simmered in a creamy rose sauce. Easy and refreshing way to cook your Korean rice cakes, using all plant-based ingredients.
- 1/2 an onion
- 12 rice cakes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chili pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp gochugaru (Korean pepper flakes)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 250 ml plant milk (~ 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 stalk green onion
- chopped green onions
- roasted sesame seeds
- Thinly slice the onion and finely mince the garlic. Cut the green onions into 2 cm chunks
- Heat a pan with oil, add the minced onion and garlic. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the gochujang, gochugaru, soy sauce and mix to combine. Add the plant milk and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Add nutritional yeast and mix.
- Add in the Korean rice cakes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Top with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Snack
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: 15-minute meal, Korean recipes, Korean rice cakes, noodles, rice cakes, summer snack, tteokbokki