If you crave sushi but are too lazy to make a sushi rice roll, this recipe is for you! It is an easy, quick-to-make deconstructed sushi bowl that is easy to make and hassle-free.
What is a Sushi Bowl?
Sushi Bowl, sometimes called Poke Bowl, is a deconstructed sushi in a bowl. It has a base of rice (choose short grain or sushi rice) and includes toppings such as:
- Frozen edamame
- Seaweed salad
- Pickled ginger
Sushi Bowls are very customizable, so feel free to use any toppings you have on hand. This recipe uses the ingredients that I have in the fridge.
What’s special about this recipe?
The special thing about this recipe is the Soy Sesame dressing that is savory, sour and tastes a lot like sushi.
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!
Vegan Sushi Bowl with Mushroom
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 2 cup water
- 200 g mushroom of choice
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- ½ cucumber
- 1 medium carrot
- 200 g frozen edamame
- 1 small carrot
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sugar
- Juice from a lime
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Cut the mushroom into thin slices and fry the mushroom slices in oil until golden and crispy on both sides.
- Thinly slice the avocado, carrot, cucumber.
- Pour hot water on the frozen edamame beans and let them sit for 20 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl to make the dressing.2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 2 tsp garlic powder, Juice from a lime
- Assemble the bowl with the rice as the base, add the mushroom, avocado, carrot, cucumber slices and edamame beans and the dressing. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.