This Vegan Tiramisu Oatmeal is the definition of eating dessert for breakfast! It is a vegan twist of the traditional tiramisu, with a rich creamy layer made of silken tofu, flavorful oatmeal and dusted with cacao powder on top.
How did this Vegan Tiramisu Oatmeal come about?
I LOVE tiramisu, but it can be quite time-consuming to make. So this recipe is a breakfast, healthier version of Tiramisu that is quicker and easier to make. You can enjoy this as a dessert or breakfast.
Ingredients of this Vegan Tiramisu Oatmeal
The recipe uses easy ingredients that create a similar texture of tiramisu with the oat-based layer consisting of:
- Flaxseeds or chia seeds
- Plant milk
- Maple syrup
The tiramisu cream layer is made out of:
- Silken tofu: this soft silky texture makes the cream layer super creamy
- Maple syrup for sweetness, or other sweeteners of choice
- Lime juice
- Salt: to brings out the flavors
And lastly the recipe is dusted with cacao powder.
Why you’ll love this recipe?
- Rich, creamy and decadent
- While being
- Can be made ahead the night before
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!
Vegan Tiramisu Oatmeal
- 45 g oats
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds / chia seeds
- 125 ml plant milk
- 125 ml coffee instant coffee or expresso
- ½ tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 100 g silken tofu
- ½ tbsp maple syrup or sweetener choice
- Juice from ¼ a lime
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp cacao powder
- Combine oats, chia seeds, plant milk, coffee and maple syrup in a pot or a bowl.
- If heat up on a stovetop: bring to a boil, then put on low heat and simmer until the oats are cooked and thickened to your liking. Mix continuously.
- If microwave: put in the microwave for 1 minute or longer until the oats are cooked.
- To make the tiramisu cream, combine the silken tofu, maple syrup, lime and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, add a layer of the oatmeal, followed by the tiramisu and repeat the steps.
- Garnish with cacao powder.