This Vegan Tiramisu Oatmeal is the definition of eating dessert for breakfast! It is a vegan twist of the traditional tiramisu, with a rich creamy layer made of silken tofu, flavorful oatmeal and dusted with cacao powder on top.
- 45 g oats
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds / chia seeds
- 125 ml plant milk
- 125 ml coffee (instant coffee or expresso )
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 100 g silken tofu
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener choice)
- Juice from 1/4 a lime
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp cacao powder
- Combine oats, chia seeds, plant milk, coffee and maple syrup in a pot or a bowl.
- If heat up on a stovetop: bring to a boil, then put on low heat and simmer until the oats are cooked and thickened to your liking. Mix continuously.
- If microwave: put in the microwave for 1 minute or longer until the oats are cooked.
- To make the tiramisu cream, combine the silken tofu, maple syrup, lime and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, add a layer of the oatmeal, followed by the tiramisu and repeat the steps.
- Garnish with cacao powder.
I like to triple the recipe for the cream as it was easier to blend a larger amount of ingredients. You can store the leftover cream in the fridge if needed.
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Fusion, Italian
Keywords: 30-minute meal, breakfast series, vegan