This vegan version of the classic Italian dessert Tiramisu is made with vegan yogurt and oat condensed milk, no soy or nuts are needed! It's creamy, decadent and full of flavors.
Vegan Cake - wet ingredients:
- 150g oat condensed milk (or liquid sweeteners of choice)
- 250 ml plant-based milk (I used oat milk)
- 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Vegan Cake - dry ingredients:
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
Dip the biscuits:
- 250 ml coffee
- 1 can of coconut whipping cream (chilled overnight in the fridge)
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 100g vegan yogurt
- 4 tbsp oat condensed milk (or liquid sweeteners of choice)
- A pinch of salt
- Cacao powder
Make the Vegan Biscuit layer
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celcius (400 degrees Fahrenheit). Grease a baking dish with melted coconut oil or vegan butter.
- In a bowl, combine the oat condensed milk, plant-based milk, vegan butter, vinegar, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda) to the bowl and mix again with a whisk to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. The vegan cake is ready if after inserting a toothpick or chopstick in the center, it comes out clean.
- Chill the batter for 2 hours to cool down.
Make the Vegan Mascarpone:
- In a mixing bowl, add the chilled coconut whipping cream, vegan yogurt, oat condensed milk, powdered sugar, and salt.
- Use an electronic hand mixer to whisk it until the cream becomes thick and fluffy. You can also mix it by hand, but this will take a longer time.
Assemble the Vegan Tiramisu
- Cut the vegan cake layer into ladyfinger-sized biscuits. Prepare the coffee in a bowl or deep plate.
- Lightly dip the vegan biscuits into the coffee bowl. The biscuit soaks up a lot of coffee, so just a light dip.
- In a baking tray, layer the coffee-filled biscuits one by one, followed by the vegan Mascarpone layer. Use a knife to spread the cream evenly.
- Add another layer of soaked biscuits, and spread the vegan Mascarpone on top.
- Dust with cacao powder and chill in the fridge for 3 hours before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: mixing, chilling
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan tiramisu, tiramisu, soy-free, nut-free, oat whipping cream