A satisfying sweet and spicy Thai-inspired soup made from creamy coconut milk and flavorful aromatics. It’s like a comforting hug on colder days!
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 piece of galangal
- 6 lime leaves
- 2 Thai red chili
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 200ml full-fat coconut milk
- 2 small carrots
- 100g mushrooms of choice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- A handful of cilantro
- 1 lime
- Cut the lemongrass into chunks, and lightly smash them to release the flavors.
- Thinly slice the galangal, and Thai red chili. Cut the mushrooms and carrots into equal sized pieces.
- In a pot or shallow pan, add oil, then the lemongrass chunks, galangal and Thai red chili. Stir fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the water and coconut milk. Shred the kaffir lime leaves and add to the soup.
- Bring to a boil, then add in the chopped carrots and mushrooms. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the seasonings (soy sauce, sugar, and salt to taste) and the fried tofu pieces. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then add the chopped cilantro and lime juice. Mix well and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: vegan tom kha, thai coconut soup, galagal, lemongrass