Fried silken tofu with a crispy panko exterior and smooth on the inside. Perfect as a side dish to serve with rice and dipping sauce!
- 300g silken tofu
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cooking oil
- Soy sauce for dipping
- A handful of cilantro (optional for topping)
- Cut the silken tofu into equal-sized slices. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- In a bowl: combine flour, salt and corn starch and mix well.
- In a second bowl: add the panko breadcrumbs.
- Add the silken tofu slices to the flour bowl, then transfer to the second bowl, making sure that all sides of the tofu is covered with the panko breadcrumbs. Repeat for the remaining silken tofu pieces.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a pan or deep fryer. Deep fry the silken tofu in cooking oil for about 3 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Drain off the excess oil and transfer the tofu to a plate. Add more salt on top when it's still crispy and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve the fried silken tofu with a bowl of rice and use soy sauce as a dipping sauce!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Meal, Side Dish
- Method: deep fry/ fry
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: fried silken tofu, silken tofu, crispy tofu