Creamy vegan Mango Sago dessert for the summer! Juicy, sweet mangoes, coconut milk are combined with chewy tapioca pearls.
- 1 ripe mango
- 100 g small tapioca pearls
- 1 liter water
- 200 ml full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sugar or agave syrup (optional)
- 50 ml full-fat coconut milk (for topping)
- 1 tsp coconut flakes
- fresh mango pieces
Make the tapioca pearls
- Cook the tapioca pearls in boiling water until transparent (usually takes 10-15 minutes). Don't add the tapioca pearls until the water starts boiling. Mix frequently to avoid sticking.
- After 10-15 minutes, the tapioca pearls become more transparent, but have a white circle inside. Cover the lid, turn off the heat and let them sit for 5 minutes. After that, the pearls are more transparent.
- Drain and rinse the tapioca pearls under cold water.
Make the mango sauce
- Cut the mango into cubes (save some slices for topping later). Put the mango cubes into a blender, add coconut milk and sugar. Blend until smooth then set aside.
- Combine the mango sauce and tapioca pearls in a big bowl. This will be the mango sago.
- In a jar or a glass, add the mango sago and the remaining coconut milk on top. Enjoy right away or chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh mango pieces and coconut flakes.
Adjust the sugar depending on how sweet your mango is.
The drink is best served at cool or cold temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: vietnamese
Keywords: 20-minute dessert, 3-ingredient recipe, smoothie