An easy 2-ingredient tofu recipe made with red lentils. The perfect recipe to make if you want some varieties of tofu or if you are sensitive to soy.
- 190 g red lentils (equivalent to 1 cup)
- 380 ml boiling water (equivalent to 1.6 cup)
- 300-400 ml room temp water (equivalent to 1.2 - 1.6 cup)
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- Soak the red lentils in boiling water for 20 minutes. You can do this in a bowl or in your blender.
- Blend this mixture until smooth.
- Pour into a pot, add the room temp water and cook on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Transfer to a baking dish or a container and let set in the fridge.
- After setting in the fridge, the red lentil tofu will release some water. You can drain out the water and use the tofu as you like!
The recipe doesn't include the time to rest in the fridge (1 hour for soft tofu and 8 hours or more for extra firm). The longer you leave in the fridge, the firmer the final product will be.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Hack
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: red lentils, soy free, tofu