The poke bowl recipe is a yummy and nutrient-packed dish, using a sushi-like dressing and plenty of veggies and fruits.
- 150 g watermelon cubes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 180 g sushi rice
- 150 g edamame beans (fresh or frozen)
- 150 g tofu (buy pre-made or season it yourself)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cucumber
- spring onions
- fried onions
- sesame seeds
Marinade the watermelon
- Chop the watermelon into cubes, then season them with the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, lime juice and garlic powder. Mix together and refridgerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Assemble the poke bowl
- Cook the rice.
- Chop the carrot, avocado and cucumber into thin slices.
- If your edamame beans are frozen, soak them in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl or a deep plate, put the rice underneath, add the marinaded watermelon cubes. Then top with the carrot, avocado, cucumber slices, tofu, and edamame beans.
- Garnish with the optional toppings (spring onions, fried onions, sesame seeds) and drizzle the watermelon marinade sauce on top. Enjoy!
The toppings of this dish are totally customizable, feel free to swap the listed ingredients for other toppings you have (sauteed mushrooms, mango, seaweed,…).
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
Keywords: easy to make, healthy, high protein, rainbow veggies, summer meal, vegan