An Asian-inspired Stuffed Peppers with Lentils. It makes a yummy and satisfying meal that is also low in carb and super nutritious!
- 3 bell peppers (color of choice)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 an onion (or 1 small onion)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 100 g spinach
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Chopped green onions
- Sesame seeds
- vegan sriracha mayo
Bake the Bell Peppers
- Pre-heat your oven to [wprm-temperature value=”200″ unit=”C” icon=”oven-top-bottom”]
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, remove the stems and seeds.
Make the Fillings
- Bake the bell pepper in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop your onion and garlic.
- On a pan, add oil, followed by the chopped onion and garlic. Stir fry for 1-2 minute or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce, cooked lentils, rice and mix well.
- Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Mix together until well incorporated.
- Add the spinach to the pan and mix until wilted. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Stuff the Bell Peppers
- When the bell peppers are done baking, stuff them with the filling.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, sesame seeds and a drizzle of your favorite sauce. I use vegan sriracha mayo!
The recipe keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat, I recommend baking them instead of microwaving as the bell peppers can become soggy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Fusion
Keywords: bell peppers, easy to make, healthy, lentils, meal prep, stuffed bell peppers