This easy, nutritious and versatile Buddha Bowl is perfect for a weeknight lunch, dinner or meal prep. Just need to do 10 minutes of prepping, all the work will be done automatically in your oven ^^
- 1 can cooked chickpea
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 green onions or chives
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice from 1/4 a lime
- Water to thin out
Roast the chickpea & vegetables
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius (392 degree Fahrenheit)
- Wash and peel one sweet potato. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash and cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Drain and rinse 1 can of chickpea.
- On a baking tray, line up a piece baking paper and add the sweet potato, broccoli and chickpea.
- Drizzle on the olive oil and a generous pint of salt, paprika powder, chili powder, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Mix well and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Flip halfway.
- Cook the quinoa on a pot according to package instructions.
- Slice the green onions into small pieces for garnish.
Make the sauce
- Combine the soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice and water to make the sauce.
- In a bowl or deep plate, combine all ingredients: quinoa, sweet potato, broccoli, chickpeas. Drizzle on the sauce and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Fusion, Middle Eastern
Keywords: comfort food, easy to make, healthy, rainbow veggies, vegan, vegetable