Perfect drink that will cool you down for hot summer days. An explosion of flavors from fresh fruits and herbs!
Lemongrass Peach tea
- 2 stalks lemongrass (lightly smashed)
- 2 tea bags (black or green tea would works great here)
- 0.5 liter hot water
- 4 fresh peaches (or nectarines)
- 3–5 tbsp sugar (adjust depending on your desired sweetness)
- 160 ml water
- Juice from 2 oranges (reserve some orange slices for decoration)
Toppings for the drink
- lots of Ice
- 4 orange slices (optional)
- 4 lemongrass chunks (optional)
- 4 fresh peach slices (optional)
To make the Lemongrass Tea
- Smash two stalks of lemongrass to release more of its flavor. Chop them into big chunks.
- In a teapot or a regular pot, add the lemongrass chunks followed by 0.5 liter of hot water. Let the lemongrass sit for 20 minutes.
- In the last 8 minutes, add the tea bags and let it infuse into the liquid.
- After that, take out the lemongrass and the tea bags.
To make the Peach Syrup
- Chop 4 fresh peaches into small pieces.
- Add the peaches to a pot on high heat and bring it to a boil. Add in the sugar and water.
- Simmer it for 20 minutes, stir frequently until all the peaches are softened.
- Drain the peach liquid, and combine this liquid with the lemongrass tea.
- Let the liquid chill for 10 minutes, then put it in the fridge for 20 minutes until it's cool.
- Cut the oranges in half, reserve some orange slices for garnish.
- Squeeze the juice out of the oranges.
Assemble the drink
- In a glass, add the ice, followed by 2 parts lemongrass peach tea, 1 part orange juice.
- Garnish the drink with fresh orange slices, peach slices and the lemongrass chunk.
Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. You can make it ahead 1-2 days before enjoying it! Hope you try it out!
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: vietnamese
Keywords: easy to make, refreshing drink