Peach Lemongrass Iced Tea is a perfect drink for summer days. An explosion of flavors from the lemongrass-infused tea and the addition of fresh fruits like orange and peach!
What is Peach Lemongrass Iced Tea?
Peach Lemongrass Iced Tea is a popular Vietnamese drink, often served at cafes or tea shops. It is a combination of peach flavors, lemongrass tea and orange juice, making it very fruity and refreshing. It will definitely cool you down for the hot summer days.
I find the one served in Vietnam a bit too sweet for my liking, therefore I adjust the recipe to make it just as flavorful without being overly sweet (3 tablespoon sugar). If you like it sweet, you can add 5 tablespoon sugar to the peach syrup. I also added the flavor of fresh peaches as it is quite easy to find in the summer. However, if you cannot access fresh peaches, you can also use the peach liquid from a can.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This recipe is:
- Refreshing and fruity
- Easy to make
- Can batch make ahead of time and enjoy over several days
If you have tried my recipe, please let me know what you think by leaving me a review on this page or tagging me on Instagram @veggieanh. I would love to see your creations!Print
Peach Lemongrass Iced Tea
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
Perfect drink that will cool you down for hot summer days. An explosion of flavors from fresh fruits and herbs!
Lemongrass Peach tea
- 2 stalks lemongrass (lightly smashed)
- 2 tea bags (black or green tea would works great here)
- 0.5 liter hot water
- 4 fresh peaches (or nectarines)
- 3-5 tablespoon sugar (adjust depending on your desired sweetness)
- 160 ml water
- Juice from 2 oranges (reserve some orange slices for decoration)
Toppings for the drink
- lots of Ice
- 4 orange slices (optional)
- 4 lemongrass chunks (optional)
- 4 fresh peach slices (optional)
To make the Lemongrass Tea
- Smash two stalks of lemongrass to release more of its flavor. Chop them into big chunks.
- In a teapot or a regular pot, add the lemongrass chunks followed by 0.5 liter of hot water. Let the lemongrass sit for 20 minutes.
- In the last 8 minutes, add the tea bags and let it infuse into the liquid.
- After that, take out the lemongrass and the tea bags.
To make the Peach Syrup
- Chop 4 fresh peaches into small pieces.
- Add the peaches to a pot on high heat and bring it to a boil. Add in the sugar and water.
- Simmer it for 20 minutes, stir frequently until all the peaches are softened.
- Drain the peach liquid, and combine this liquid with the lemongrass tea.
- Let the liquid chill for 10 minutes, then put it in the fridge for 20 minutes until it's cool.
- Cut the oranges in half, reserve some orange slices for garnish.
- Squeeze the juice out of the oranges.
Assemble the drink
- In a glass, add the ice, followed by 2 parts lemongrass peach tea, 1 part orange juice.
- Garnish the drink with fresh orange slices, peach slices and the lemongrass chunk.
Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. You can make it ahead 1-2 days before enjoying it! Hope you try it out!
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: vietnamese
Keywords: easy to make, refreshing drink