This Thai Coconut Chickpea Curry is a flavor-packed, comforting and nutritious hug in a bowl. It's a one-pot, weeknight friendly recipe, that can be paired with either rice or noodles.
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oil (or water if you are oil-free)
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 litre water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 200 g canned chickpeas
- 1 lime
- Prepare the aromatics Thinly chop the onion and garlic.
- Fry the aromatics in a pot In a pot, add the oil, chopped onion and garlic. Stir fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add curry paste, water and coconut milk Add the curry paste, water and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Chop the veggies Chop the sweet potato into chunks. Add the sweet potato chunks to the pot, simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Add veggies and chickpea Cut the zucchini and bell pepper into bite-sized chunks and add them to the pot. Drain and rinse chickpeas from the can and add to the pot. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve and garnish Serve the curry with rice and garnish with lime juice and coriander.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: thailand
Keywords: 30-minute meal, chickpeas, coconut, college recipes, comfort food, curry, mealprep friendly, thai, vegan, vegetable, weeknight friendly