These flavorful, crispy Tofu Nuggets are the perfect dish to reward yourself with after a day of hard work! They are easy to make and only take 10 mins of active prepping time.
Tofu Nuggets using the Frozen Tofu Hack
Check my blog post for tips on Freezing Tofu! This helps make the texture more chewy and meaty texture and absorb the taste better 🤤 To save time, you can also press a block of firm tofu for 30 minutes (but the texture won’t be as good).
Why this recipe works?
This recipe is:
- Quick and easy to make
- Indulgent yet healthy
- Versatile: you can pair these nuggets with any dipping sauce of choice
Crispy Tofu Nuggets
- 1 block firm tofu frozen and thaw
- 1 tbsp oil
1st mixing bowl
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
2nd mixing bowl
- ⅓ cup soy milk
3rd mixing bowl
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- spices of choice I use garlic powder, paprika powder, black pepper
- Freeze and thaw the tofu block.
- Add all ingredients to each mixing bowl (mentioned in the previous section).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Cut the frozen and thawed tofu into cubes, then dip each cube in each bowl.
- On a baking dish, brush a little oil and place the coated nuggets. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce (I used sriracha mayo).